Secondary School Teacher – Senior School Mathematics
International Football School
IFTS are seeking a Mathematics expert who lives and breaths this KLA. An inspirational teacher who can not only demonstrate their true passion but can connect and invest themselves with strong pastoral care. Join our team to not only challenge the students but really challenge yourself.
International Football and Tennis School (IFTS) are seeking an innovative, energetic and inspirational individual to join our High School teaching team for a Term 1 2019.
This role has become available due to one of our senior staff retiring.
Our teachers must be willing to work collaboratively, be willing to challenge the status quo on effective teaching and learning and keen to push the envelope. IFTS requires staff who are willing to truly consider what makes a great learning environment and be willing to ask the questions, challenge their colleagues and have the courage to pursue their beliefs.
It is an IFTS expectation that staff are keen to take on feedback and expect to see the reflective practice as part of our norm. With a renewed vigor for high expectations do you have what it takes to have an impact?
Exposure to a Learning Management System (LMS), in particular, Canvas would be advantageous. Use and an understanding of Math Pathways (and Map Growth tools) would also be advantageous.
This is a full-time permanent role commencing on Term 1 2019.
Applications are encouraged that demonstrate why this role is for you.
- Qualifications and experience
- University degree in related teaching discipline
- Bachelor of teaching/education
- Accredited teacher status in NSW with the NESA.
- Working with Children’s check approval
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the
- secondary curriculum for Mathematics and a keen interest
- to teach HSC Mathematics.
- Ability to teach in other KLA’s.
- Be passionate about creating and delivering a highly
- innovative, child-centered curriculum
- Well developed classroom management skills and
- embrace an open learning environment
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal
- Collaborative team member skills in co-operative
- Ability to develop differentiated learning programs to
- meet the individual learning needs of students
- Competency and engagement in eLearning
- pedagogy as applicable to this age group
- (experience with Canvas would be advantageous)
- Willingness to support other subject areas as needed
- Personal attributes
- A strong work ethic
- An understanding of the needs of developing and
- elite athletes
- An ability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of
- the school
- A team player with creativity, drive, and initiative
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in a dynamic
- pressurised environment and translate opportunities
- into action plans
- Demonstrated a high level of organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to enabling
- continuous improvement of student learning
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are
encouraged to apply.
Applications will close when the ideal candidate is
Please do not wait as the right person may have
their application ready to go!
To apply please send your resume, plus a covering
letter outlining why we should consider you to join the
team at IFTS.